Saturday, January 18, 2014

two thumbs down for American Hustle

While this movie was filled with talented actors and actresses, including Bradley Cooper, Jennifer Lawrence, Amy Adams and Christian Bale, it was not a film I would reccommend to audiences.

The story was based on a couple of con-artists (Adams and Bale) who were caught trying to scam an undercover cop. As part of a deal to keep them out of prison, they were asked to aid the cops in baiting a politician who was taking bribes. Of course, when taking on the help of cons, the line of trust is thin.

Throughout this movie, I kept wondering when it would end, as it dragged on for two and a half hours. Usually I would be able to sit through a long dragged film, if I felt some connection with the characters but the character development in this film was terrible. No one was likeable.

The only good part of this movie was the fact that Robert De Niro was in it but his part was short lived. If he had more scenes, I could have been persuaded into liking this film.

If you really have the desire to watch this movie, I would suggest waiting for it to come out on dvd because I personally did not feel it was worth the money to see in theaters.



photo credit: google images


No comments:

Post a Comment