Sunday, February 9, 2014

A Unique Perception of Love: The Past

I have never been one for foreign movies but last night I unknowingly watched a French film, The Past, starring Bérénice Bejo, Tahar Rahim and Ali Mosaffa and to my surprise I did find some enjoyment.


The story is about a young mother, Marie, who is seeking a divorce from her husband Ahmad to venture on a new journey with her current fiancé, Samir.


During the movie we learn how Marie's relationship with Samir developed and we see the problems they share with the Marie's oldest daughter, Lucie who disapproves of her mother's lover.

photo credit: google images
Marie and Samir
The concept of this movie was well thought out and like every good film there was a lot of drama and some interesting twists. I was also happy because my lack of understanding the French language was accommodated with English subtitles.

 However, the movie was dragged out and a bit sad. I also felt it could have had a better ending. But for those who enjoy French films with a unique and dramatic plot this is the movie to see.


photo credit: google images
Marie and Ahmad

 


















No comments:

Post a Comment