Thursday, July 10, 2014

McCrandon light up the screen: Tammy

Melissa McCarthy and Susan Sarandon are the ultimate dynamic duo in this 2014 hit Tammy.




The story is about a woman, Tammy (McCarthy) who reluctantly takes her alcoholic grandmother on a road trip after she loses her job and cheating husband all in one day.


Right from the start, we see that Tammy holds an extreme grudge against her grandmother; as the story unfolds we understand why. But as the movie progresses, their relationship reaches a growth. In fact there was one part of the movie when Tammy attempts to bail her grandmother out of jail by robbing a burger joint. That was my personal favorite part.




During their journey, Tammy and her grandmother meet two handsome strangers , Earl and Bobby who happen to be father and son. This alone is one hell of a storyline!


I don't always like all of the movies that Melissa McCarthy is in but I must say she did a great job in this film. I think the biggest reason I liked this movie was the likeability of the characters, especially Tammy. It was also a bonus that Sandra Oh (Grey's Anatomy) was in it and played Kathy Bates' lover!

This movie will have you laughing from beginning to end, I know I did!










No comments:

Post a Comment